Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mind Your Drama

I need a Sunday and it is still a week day....I have been sucked into the vortex of suburban drama ...its bad enough that i have a perpetual kink in my neck...which my trainer actually gave me a great exercise for and explained that the trouble is really from my upper back being tight...who knew....but your drama is beating the shit out of my brain...who is doing what, where, when and why...lunches, dinners, parties...kids, outfits, who is in and who is out...did i or did i not get invited, buy something you want, have lunch with your friend, visit a college on your kid's list, or take so and so and not your kid to the ball game...yikes...you spend more time worrying about what you do than doing anything productive!

...all i want is to get through my day in relative peace...I don't have enough energy to do more than wake up, make a few beds, work out, work...my company actually needs tending to...books to be kept, orders to be processed, inventory to be ordered, salaries to be paid and celebrity spokes people to be placated...that one i am really good at!!! Once all that is accomplished i move onto the big stuff...whats for dinner and who needs to be transported...i am a chauffeur, currier and cook...the three C's

the three C's help me reduce the drama...i focus on getting food...being with my family and sharing time and a meal...i don't mind transporting...it is not something i complain about or find to be a suburban burden...i like the zen in it...and don't mind transporting other peoples kids...i DO mind the drama that comes with the carpool configurations from nursery school to sports...it becomes an opportunity for drama to creep into my day and permeate my life...I don't want to police unruly kids...I want the flexibility to change my plans...and i really don't want to give anyone a chance to make me privy to their drama...or frankly make up any drama involving me...i don't care where your husband is (especially if he is not with your or in his office) or what your other kids are doing...and i certainly don't' care about your appointments.

don't get me on the phone, or text message me, don't bbm me and ask me to agree to a years worth of carpools for this seasons bar/bat mitzvahs or because our kids have had the unfortunate destiny to be on the same sports team and we live around a suburban corner from each other...just let me be...alone with my kids in peace and quiet and drama free...I don't need you stalking me for a carpool only to question me about irrelevant topics so that you can in turn use my answer to boost your agenda...or tell me how wonderful you kid is...how smart...athletic...artistic...and other wise incredibility talented...oh and so charitable toward others your little boy wonder is! If you are not talking about your kids than you are most likely being disagreeable either to the positive or negative...which ever is the opposite of my answer to your question...a total set up...why bother...you just cause me to get my dander up...yes dad i just used dander in a sentence...and i might without further ado become that person...

...ick...I so don't want to get involved with the drama you just created for me...cover your own tracks, keep your secrets secret and drive your own carpool because your drama is toxic....your drama spilith over and i don't want to get splashed...it hurts!

***footnote*** The you is NOT you, don't create any drama were none is necessary...it is a category problem not a brand issue

1 comment:

thegirlfriendmom said...

LOVE IT and stay strong! And as a wise friend once told me, "Keep your eyes on your own paper." xoxxo